Afterpay, the Australia-based financial tech company, has announced that it will be offering up a limited number of designer nonfungible tokens (NFTs) created specifically for New York Fashion Week (NYFW).
It has been reported that the company has collaborated with five incredible designers to bring a unique physical experience to New York Fashion Week. Not only will these be one-of-a-kind collectibles, but they will also unlock access to real-world Fashion Week experiences and products.
However, each designer has created a ‘key’ in their style, using their Spring/Summer ’23 collections as inspiration. By owning a ‘key’ you have a beautiful NFT and access to unique Fashion Week experiences and products.
The report said that these New York Fashion Week NFTs provide everyone with ownership of rare digital artworks created by some of the leaders in fashion. The ‘key’ provides access to extraordinary experiences or products.
· ALTU by Joseph Altuzarra: A special edition tote and an oversized t-shirt, or you can have an annual membership to one of New York City’s premiere art museums.
· AnOnlyChild: Take an invite to AnOnlyChild NYFW after party, or choose a limited edition belt bag.
· Jonathan Simkhai: Your own private meet and greet shopping experience with Jonathan or original, signed runway sketches from his new collection debuting September 13.
· Kim Shui: A custom-designed hoodie incorporating Kim’s signature dragon motif, or ticket to her runway show on September 12.
· The Blonds: Have an exclusive invite to The Blonds’ NYFW after party or own your signed copy of “The Blonds: Glamour, Fashion, Fantasy” forthcoming book.
Afterpay has worked to keep these NFTs accessible, and so people can purchase one for $100. In true Afterpay style, people can split the payment into four interest-free installments on Keys.NYFW.com.
Likewise, in a further step towards accessibility, there are a limited number of NFTs offered up for free. This free offering is the ‘Afterpay Key’, designed by 3D artist Amy Kilner. Owning this ‘key’ gives you a six-month free trial of Tidal HiFi Plus, access to an NYFW close-friends Instagram group, and an invitation to NYFW: The Talks sessions.
Afterpay’s first-ever NFTs are in limited supply, with minting beginning August 23rd. You can grab your ‘key’ via the “Keys to NYFW” website and choose your ‘physical’ utility upon minting.
Thus, both the NFT ‘keys’ and Afterpay’s free NFTs will be hosted on the Polygon network, considered one of the most eco-friendly blockchains.
Source: NFT Evening